• The Boiling Point has reached its millionth online view! Thank you, readers!
Shalhevet news online: When we know it, you'll know it

Jordan Levine

Jordan Levine, Web Editor-in-Chief

Jordan Levine is a senior at Shalhevet and has been the Web Editor-in-Chief during his Junior and Senior year. During sophomore year, he was Deputy Web Editor-in-Chief and photo editor as well as part of the web staff as a freshman. Jordan is the co-chair of SAC and is involved with YACHAD too. On his free time he loves to listen to music and hang out with friends.

All content by Jordan Levine
PIONEERS: Members of the class of 17 prepared to board the Scarlett Belle for a two-hour cruise in Channel Islands Harbor. They are the first Shalhevet seniors to forego prom for a chaperoned, alcohol-free culminating event.

[Photo] ‘Senior Soiree,’ school’s first-ever non-prom, takes seniors north for fine food, cruise and overnight

By Benjamin Zaghi, Sports Editor
June 5, 2017

PIONEERS: Members of the class of '17 prepared to board the Scarlett Belle for a two-hour cruise in Channel Islands Harbor. They...

EXPEDIENT: Agenda Chair Bennett Schneier, shown leading a Town Hall last fall, said letting Fairness fill the vacant spot would be the simplest solution.

[Photo]

EXPEDIENT: Agenda Chair Bennett Schneier, shown leading a Town Hall last fall, said letting Fairness fill the vacant spot would...

ORDERLY: Four voting stations were set up in the gym, one for each grade, overseen by teachers. People waited their turn in lines behind a blue line.

[Photo] Bennett Schneier elected Agenda chair as voters choose newcomers to lead Just Community

By Zev Kent, Sports Editor
May 13, 2016

REVOTE: The election for Agenda officers was held in the gym last May. The winning candidate for secretary, Lucy Fried, gave up...

DISPLAY: Poems written by students on poster boards during MLK Day hang on the walls of the second-floor main hallway since that day.

[Photo] No holiday, but three hours of learning and immersion commemorate Dr. King

By Eva Suissa, Staff Writer
May 3, 2016

DISPLAY: Poems written by students on poster boards during MLK Day hang on the walls of the second-floor main hallway since that...

Along the schools staircase are art pieces created by students in Mrs. Roen Salems AP and 10th grade art classes.

[Photo] In Shalhevet’s lobby, a Guggenheim of the West

By Hannah Jannol, Arts & Culture Editor
April 14, 2016

Along the school's staircase are art pieces created by students in Mrs. Roen Salem's AP and 10th grade art classes.

FINALS: Students gathered in the gym yesterday to watch the Firehawks face the DRS Wildcats in the championship game at Red Sarachek Tournament at Yeshiva University in New York.

Firehawks lose to Wildcats in Sarachek championship game

By Jordan Levine, Web Editor-in-Chief
March 15, 2016

After defeating the Frisch Cougars 54-43 in the Tier 1 semi-finals, the Firehawks went on to lose the Sarachek Tier 1 Finals...

SCARY: All school bathrooms were pitch black during the power outage and some students used their phone flashlights for light. PE was cancelled because students had no place to change.

[Photo] Mysterious DWP power failure caused two-hour blackout

By Lucy Fried, Staff Writer
October 30, 2015

SCARY: All school bathrooms were pitch black during the power outage and some students used their phone flashlights for light....

IVRIT: Haifa native Ms. Rabinov has been a teacher for 30 years and hopes to bring more Israeli culture to the school. The Hebrew department now has four teachers.

[Photo] Ms. Rabinov brings 30 years of award-winning experience

By Nicole Soussana, Staff Writer
September 10, 2015

IVRIT: Haifa native Ms. Rabinov has been a teacher for 30 years and hopes to bring more Israeli culture to the school. The Hebrew...

THROWBACK: Ikar’s Hebrew school tried out the Shalhevet building for the first time Sept. 7. Just like last year, they will occupy many classrooms on Tuesday afternoons starting at 3:20.

[Photo] Ikar synagogue moves in, overlapping with SWAP

By Noah Rothman, Senior Editor
September 10, 2015

THROWBACK: Ikar’s Hebrew school tried out the Shalhevet building for the first time Sept. 7. Just like last year, they will...

JAVA: Dr. Joshua Sharfman is teaching the first ever AP computer science course at shalhevet. He is an Alumni Parent to Noah Sharfman ’05 and Erin Sharfman ’13

[Photo] Alumni parent and former USC professor teaches new AP class

By Rose Lipner, Deputy Editor-in-Chief
September 7, 2015

JAVA: Dr. Joshua Sharfman is teaching the first ever AP computer science course at shalhevet. He is an Alumni Parent to Noah Sharfman...

CONNECTED: Ms. Nagel British Literature teacher has many ties to the Shalhevet community. She is one of two additions to the English department.

[Photo] New British Literature teacher has many ties to the Shalhevet community

By Hannah Jannol, Staff Writer
September 4, 2015

CONNECTED: Ms. Nagel British Literature teacher has many ties to the Shalhevet community. She is one of two additions to the English...

CROWNED: Seniors Goldie Fields, Nicole Feder and Margo Feuer collect the Gold Crown Award at CSPA conference in March 20 New York.

[Photo] Three-peat as BP wins third Gold Crown, Rockower prizes

By Elon Glouberman, Staff Writer
June 23, 2015

CROWNED: Seniors Goldie Fields, Nicole Feder and Margo Feuer collect the Gold Crown Award at CSPA conference in March 20 New York....

According to its website, Nessah Synagogue in Beverly Hills upholds the traditions and customs of Iranian Jews according to Orthodox, Sephardic Halacha.  Shalhevet will hold final exams there there June 7 - 15.

[Photo] Finals will be at Nessah Synagogue, not at JCC

By Noah Rothman, Community Editor
April 12, 2015

According to its website, Nessah Synagogue in Beverly Hills "upholds the traditions and customs of Iranian Jews according to Orthodox,...

Dr. Karolina Claxton met with groups of teachers, students and parents during two days at the JCC March 13 and 14.

[Photo]

Mr. Daniel Weslow met with groups of teachers, students and parents during two days at the JCC March 16 and 17.

[Photo]

[Photo]

CHANGE: Mr. Weslow said he believes in a transparent leadership style.

[Photo] Daniel Weslow, former Upper School Director at New Roads in Santa Monica, named General Studies principal

March 26, 2015

STAGE: Lacking a theater this year, Dramas will stage its spring one-acts in various rooms of this home in Beverly Hills. Student playwrights are adapting scenes to what is there, and audience members will walk from room to room.  The scenes are all related and revolve around a birthday party.

[Photo] No stage? No problem: Drama invites audience to be flies on the wall at ‘Bart’s Birthday Bash’

By Maayan Waldman, Opinion Editor
March 22, 2015

STAGE: Lacking a theater this year, Drama's will stage its spring one-acts in various rooms of this home in Beverly Hills. Student...

CHANGE: Alissa-Thomas Newborn outside Bnai David Judea in 2015, where she serves as spiritual leader.

[Photo] Compromise on female clergy saved community-wide ‘Day of Learning’ last fall

By Noah Rothman, Torah Editor
February 11, 2015

CHANGE: Alissa-Thomas Newborn outside B'nai David Judea in 2015, where she serves as spiritual leader.

SING: Students gather daily for the girls-only singing minyan. The minyan is the largest attended at school with 59 girls.

[Photo] All-girls minyan most popular

By Noah Rothman,, Torah Editor
December 22, 2014

HISTORY: Students in Tipping Point discuss the 17th century monarchies in Central Europe. Since there are only 5 students in the original class, Mrs. Sunshine teaches it like an informal seminar.

[Photo] New honors history class offers a glimpse of school life post-APs

By Alexa Fishman, Editor-in-Chief
November 4, 2014

HISTORY: Students in Tipping Point discuss the 17th century monarchies in Central Europe. Since there are only 5 students in the...

HOT: It was 98 degrees in Los Angeles when Reb Noam announced today that there would be no school Friday due to heat.

School is cancelled tommorrow

By Jordan Levine, Deputy Web Editor
October 2, 2014

BREAKING NEWS: Principal Reb Noam Weissman announced today that school would be cancelled tomorrow due to the heat wave. Cheers...

Load More Stories