• The Boiling Point has reached its millionth online view! Thank you, readers!
Shalhevet news online: When we know it, you'll know it

Jonah Gill

Jonah Gill, Outside News Editor

Sophomore Jonah Gill has been working on the Boiling Point since 9th grade, starting out writing sports stories and becoming Sports Editor in fall of this year.  He now has transitioned into the role of Outside News Editor to work on a different part of the paper.  During his free time, Jonah enjoys playing baseball and flag football for the Firehawks and debating for the Model Congress team.

All content by Jonah Gill
SUMMER OF WAR

SUMMER OF WAR

By Jonah Gill, Outside News Editor
September 18, 2014
It wasn’t exactly summer vacation this year for members of the Shalhevet community, both inside and outside of Israel. From juniors on their long-awaited Israel summer programs to alumni serving in the Israel Defense Forces - and everyone else, it seemed - June and July were spent chained to iPhone news apps, following the latest reports of rockets and troop mobilizations and arguments in cyberspace over who was to blame.
CONFLICTED: Born into the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, teens interviewed at Jerusalem’s Mamilla Mall last month agreed that a two-state solution would be best but differed on how likely it was or whether it would really bring peace. Talks collapsed the next day.

For Israeli teens, two-state solution is a fading dream

By Jonah Gill, Outside News Editor
June 2, 2014

Israeli teenagers seem to believe in a two-state solution to the Palestinian-Israeli conflict, but with varying degrees of enthusiasm....

DEFENSE: Shalhevet Firehawks defend against St. Pauls High Schools offensive attack.

Soccer fields two teams this year with new coach

By Jonah Gill, Sports Editor
January 14, 2014

Shalhevet has both boys and girls soccer teams this year, and a new coach for the 2013-14 winter season — Lee Turnbull, a...

SHALHEVET AT 20: For Eitan Spitzer ’12, Judaism plays role in social life

By Jonah Gill, Sports Editor
December 21, 2013

Q: What did you do straight after high school, and what do you do now? A: After I graduated I went to Israel for a year and...

Huddle: The team gets ready to take on Glendale Adventist.

Tournament shows another side of the Sabbath

By Jonah Gill, Sports Editor
November 18, 2013

“Quick, what is your partner’s Starbuck’s order?” “If your partner could be one superhero, which one would it be?” Those...

BLOCK: Talya Joffe and Rebecca Sentchuk block for quarterback Nicole Feder.

Effort not enough for Girls’ Football

By Jonah Gill, Sports Editor
November 18, 2013

The girls’ Flag Football team, led by quarterback Nicole Feder, played an increased schedule in its third year of existence,...

HIKE: Firehawk captain Mati Hurwitz gets ready to snap the ball during Loma Linda tournament in Redlands last month.

Boys Flag Football ends its first season 4-9

By Jonah Gill, Sports Editor
November 17, 2013

It was a turbulent season for Shalhevet’s Boys Flag Football team – its first in existence, and begun with no one really knowing...

PLAN: Coach Collin Jamerson took the team through a detailed plan of the next play.

Epic Playoff Run Capped a Season of Victories

By Jonah Gill, Staff Writer
March 20, 2013

Shalhevet’s 2012 – 2013 Boys Varsity Basketball team made it farther in the CIF playoffs then any other sports team in school...

Load More Stories